Some Singapore pilgrims press ahead with Umrah plans despite advisory, others face cancellations尽管有相关建议,一些新加坡朝圣者仍坚持进行副朝计划,而另一些人则面临取消行程。
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advised Singaporeans to defer all travel to Saudi Arabia amid heightened security risks.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advised Singaporeans to defer all travel to Saudi Arabia amid heightened security risks.
Muslim pilgrims touch the Kaaba as they perform Umrah at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia, Oct 13, 2026. (Photo: REUTERS)
This audio is generated by an AI tool.
SINGAPORE: Some Singapore pilgrims are pressing ahead with plans to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia despite an advisory to defer travel to the country, while others are weighing whether to postpone or even cancel their trips.
The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS) on Wednesday (Oct 14) advised Singaporeans planning to perform umrah to consider postponing their trips, in line with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' (MFA) advisory to defer all travel to Saudi Arabia amid heightened security risks.
The advisory comes amid escalating tensions in the Middle East, with recent missile and drone attacks affecting parts of Saudi Arabia, including airports.
Umrah is a voluntary pilgrimage to Mecca for Muslims and can be performed at any time of the year.
One family had their pilgrimage cancelled just hours before they were due to check in for their flight on Wednesday (Oct 14).
Mdm Hadijah, who was scheduled to travel with her family, said they were “heartbroken” when flight disruptions derailed their plans.
The family had planned to remain in the kingdom until Oct 25 as part of an Umrah trip with tour agency OneOasis Travel, but it was called off after their Emirates flight from Dubai to Saudi Arabia was cancelled.
“We are discussing with our family on postponing it to a later date, possibly next year. We hope and pray to make this Umrah trip come true,” said Mdm Hadijah, who declined to give her full name.
For others, preparations for their upcoming pilgrimages continue as they monitor developments.
Denise Deanna Chew is scheduled to travel from Nov 3 to Nov 13 with her husband and their two sons, aged 14 and one.
The family is travelling with And.i Experience and flying with Saudia Airlines.
Ms Chew said the advisories had made her concerned, particularly as she would be travelling with a baby.
For now, the family is taking a “wait-and-see” approach.
"We are continuing with our preparations, but at the same time, we are monitoring developments closely," Ms Chew said.
The family still intends to perform Umrah but Ms Chew said they are also mentally prepared for the possibility that the trip may not happen.
"I believe having faith doesn't mean disregarding safety or taking unnecessary risks," she said.
Ms Chew said the family would reconsider travelling if the situation worsens, if MFA or MUIS issues stronger advisories, or if their flights are cancelled.
CNA Games Guess Word Crack the word, one row at a time Buzzword Create words using the given letters Mini Sudoku Tiny puzzle, mighty brain teaser Mini Crossword Small grid, big challenge Word Search Spot as many words as you can Show More Show Less
Muslims pray as they perform Umrah at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia, Oct 13, 2026. (Photo: REUTERS)
Another pilgrim, who wanted to be identified only as Ms A, is due to travel with family and friends from Oct 21 to Nov 1, flying with Emirates.
She said she is aware of the potential security concerns but she still intends to proceed with the trip.
However, she said she would respect her travel agency's decision if it decides to cancel the trip.
"We are not in control of the situation," she said.
She added that the travel agency she is going with has been assuring her group that it is monitoring the situation closely.
Asked what might make her reconsider her plans, Ms A said she would still proceed with Umrah "should it be allowed".
Meanwhile, Nur Zhafirin Bin Nor Azhar, who is planning to perform his first Umrah this December, is hoping for the situation in the region to de-escalate soon.
“But if the travel agency deems it unsafe, then no choice but to follow,” he said.
TRAVEL AGENCIES MONITORING DEVELOPMENTS
Travel agencies CNA spoke to said they are monitoring developments closely, with trips still scheduled to proceed.
A group with Noor Mohamad Services & Travel left Singapore for Jeddah on a direct Saudia Airlines flight on Wednesday and arrived in Mecca on Thursday morning.
Director Ustazah Juyda Noor Mohamad said the pilgrims had been communicating through a WhatsApp group ahead of their departure and were ready to proceed with the trip.
The agency said it took the MFA and MUIS advisories seriously.
"Our priority is the safety and well-being of our pilgrims, and our position is to encourage them to defer their journeys while security risks remain heightened," she said.
Another agency, Shahidah Travel, said all its Umrah departures remain on track, with no changes to its travel arrangements as of Wednesday.
The agency currently has a group in Mecca performing Umrah, with all its pilgrims in good condition.
It said it would continue to monitor flight schedules and coordinate with relevant parties, with any changes or disruptions communicated to affected pilgrims.
It has also registered its pilgrims through MFA's eRegister portal to facilitate communication and coordination if necessary.
As part of its emergency preparations, an appointed staff member would also carry copies of pilgrims' passports and passport-sized photographs.
Meanwhile, Travelconnect is reviewing upcoming departures with airlines and its ground operators in Saudi Arabia.
As of Wednesday, about 5 per cent of customers booked for year-end departures to Saudi Arabia had contacted the agency about either postponing or cancelling their trips, said its director Mohamed Nafis Rahman.
But some customers have also expressed a desire to proceed with their trips, he added.
"We understand their intentions but any decision to proceed must take into account the official advisories, flight availability and the safety of the ground arrangements," said Mr Nafis.
For pilgrims already in Saudi Arabia, tour leaders and ground operators are maintaining close contact with them, checking on their welfare and monitoring their return flights, he said.
Hamidah Travel & Tours told CNA on Wednesday that it planned to speak to its pilgrims following the advisory issued by MFA and MUIS.
The agency's director, Badruzzaman Abdul Majid, said it would continue to monitor the situation. If flight cancellations affect its pilgrims, the agency would arrange alternative flights.
The company had a group of pilgrims in Madinah as of Tuesday.
While agencies are monitoring the security situation and keeping upcoming departures under review, pilgrims who decide not to travel face another consideration: how much of what they have paid can they get back?
POSTPONING OR CANCELLING
A full refund is not guaranteed for pilgrims who postpone or cancel their trips, and some could incur additional fees.
Agencies said the financial implications would depend on arrangements with airlines, hotels and other service providers.
MUIS on Wednesday said it was engaging Umrah travel agents to encourage them to assist affected pilgrims with "clear information and, where possible, flexible arrangements for postponement or rescheduling".
Travel agencies told CNA, however, that the options available would depend in part on their airlines and other service providers.
Mr Badruzzaman said Hamidah Travel & Tours would have to work closely with airlines and other providers. For now, airlines are allowing postponements, although penalties could apply as flights are still operating.
The agency will assess the situation and discuss the options with pilgrims, he said. Its next group is scheduled to depart for Saudi Arabia on Oct 22.
If the situation deteriorates to the point where flights are no longer operating, however, the trip would have to be cancelled.
"We are here to help pilgrims. This is ‘amanah’ for us," Mr Badruzzaman said, referring to the responsibility to help pilgrims.
Travelconnect said it is reviewing postponement and refund options with its service providers.
Whether a full or partial refund is available will depend on each booking, including which payments can be recovered from airlines, hotels and other providers, Mr Nafis said.
As of Wednesday, none of the airlines Travelconnect was working with had offered refunds for customer-initiated cancellations.
The agency is seeking flexibility from airlines and hotels, including changes without additional charges where possible.
"We will explain the available options and any applicable costs to each affected customer before they make a decision," he said.
Travelconnect also strongly encourages customers to buy travel insurance, which Mr Nafis said almost all of its customers do.
Coverage, however, depends on the individual policy, and customers should check with their insurers about what is covered and excluded, particularly in relation to the current situation.
"Customers should not assume that all cancellations or disruptions related to the current situation are covered," he said.
Smoke and flames rise from King Khalid Airport after Yemen's Iran-backed Houthis said they attacked the airport, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Oct 8, 2026, in this screengrab obtained from a social media video. (Image: Social Media via Reuters)
Noor Mohamad Services & Travel said it would prioritise postponement or rescheduling, subject to availability and confirmation from its service providers.
For customers who request cancellation, the agency will assess each booking individually and explain the applicable refund arrangements.
The amount refundable will depend on the booking terms, payments already committed and any waivers or refunds secured from suppliers.
"We cannot promise a blanket full refund before these details are confirmed,” Ustazah Juyda said.
"Our aim is to minimise financial losses for our pilgrims and provide a clear breakdown of any amounts that cannot be recovered.”
The agency would seek flexibility from its airline and hotel partners, including changes without penalties where possible, she added.
However, fare differences or additional accommodation costs could still apply even if change fees are waived.
This handout picture provided by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) on Oct 14, 2026 shows civil defence responders checking damages at an apartment building in Riyadh following a strike. (Photo: AFP/Ahmed NURELDINE)
PILGRIMS ADVISED TO PREPARE FOR SUDDEN DISRUPTIONS
Pilgrims should confirm their flight schedules before departure and throughout their journey as changes may occur with limited notice, said Mr Ee Sheng Cha, security manager (assistance) at International SOS, a company that provides health and security risk management services.
They should also purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes coverage for security-related disruptions and unexpected travel disruptions.
While in Saudi Arabia, pilgrims should avoid acting on unverified information circulating on social media, messaging platforms or through rumours, Mr Ee said.
They should also familiarise themselves with evacuation procedures and the locations of the nearest shelters at their accommodation and pilgrimage sites.
For tour agencies, Mr Ee recommended building flexibility into travel arrangements, including flight bookings and alternative travel routes, in case key points of arrival or departure are closed at short notice.
Get our pick of top stories and thought-provoking articles in your inbox
Stay updated with notifications for breaking news and our best stories
Join our channel for the top reads for the day on your preferred chat app
鉴于安全风险加剧,新加坡外交部建议新加坡公民推迟前往沙特阿拉伯的所有旅行。
2026年10月13日,在沙特阿拉伯圣城麦加的大清真寺,穆斯林朝圣者在进行副朝时触摸克尔白。(图片:路透社)
这段音频由人工智能工具生成。
新加坡:尽管沙特阿拉伯政府建议推迟前往该国的旅行,但一些新加坡朝圣者仍坚持前往沙特阿拉伯进行副朝(Umrah),而另一些新加坡朝圣者则正在考虑是否推迟甚至取消他们的行程。
新加坡伊斯兰宗教理事会(MUIS)周三(10月14日)建议计划前往沙特阿拉伯进行副朝的新加坡人考虑推迟行程,这与外交部建议推迟所有前往沙特阿拉伯的旅行的建议一致,因为安全风险加剧。
此次安全警告发布之际,正值中东地区紧张局势升级,近期沙特阿拉伯部分地区(包括机场)遭受导弹和无人机袭击。
副朝(Umrah)是穆斯林自愿前往麦加的朝圣之旅,一年中的任何时候都可以进行。
周三(10 月 14 日),一个家庭的朝圣之旅在办理登机手续前几个小时被取消了。
原计划与家人一起旅行的哈迪贾女士表示,航班延误打乱了他们的计划,他们“心碎不已”。
这家人原本计划在沙特阿拉伯停留至 10 月 25 日,参加由 OneOasis Travel 旅行社组织的副朝之旅,但由于他们乘坐的阿联酋航空从迪拜飞往沙特阿拉伯的航班被取消,行程也随之取消。
“我们正在和家人商量将行程推迟到以后,可能明年。我们希望并祈祷这次副朝之旅能够成行,”哈迪贾女士说道,她拒绝透露自己的全名。
另一些人则在密切关注事态发展的同时,继续为即将到来的朝圣之旅做准备。
Denise Deanna Chew计划于11月3日至11月13日与丈夫和他们14岁和1岁的两个儿子一起旅行。
这家人通过 And.i Experience 旅行社安排行程,并乘坐沙特阿拉伯航空公司的航班。
周女士表示,这些建议让她感到担忧,尤其是因为她要带着婴儿出行。
目前,这家人采取的是“观望”态度。
周女士表示:“我们正在继续进行准备工作,但与此同时,我们也在密切关注事态发展。”
周女士表示,虽然一家人仍然打算进行副朝,但他们也做好了行程可能无法成行的心理准备。
“我认为,拥有信仰并不意味着忽视安全或承担不必要的风险,”她说。
周女士表示,如果情况恶化,外交部或新加坡伊斯兰宗教理事会发布更强烈的旅行建议,或者航班被取消,他们一家将重新考虑出行。
CNA游戏 猜词游戏 逐行破解单词 流行词游戏 用给定的字母组成单词 迷你数独 小小谜题,挑战你的大脑 迷你填字游戏 小方格,大挑战 单词搜索 尽可能多地找出单词 显示更多 显示更少
2026年10月13日,穆斯林在沙特阿拉伯圣城麦加的大清真寺进行副朝(Umrah)祈祷。(图片:路透社)
另一位朝圣者,化名A女士,将于10月21日至11月1日与家人和朋友一起乘坐阿联酋航空的航班出行。
她说她意识到可能存在的安全隐患,但她仍然打算继续这次旅行。
不过,她表示如果旅行社决定取消行程,她会尊重旅行社的决定。
“我们无法控制局面,”她说。
她补充说,她所选择的旅行社一直向她的团队保证,他们正在密切关注事态发展。
当被问及什么可能会让她重新考虑她的计划时,A女士表示,如果允许的话,她仍然会进行副朝。
与此同时,计划于今年 12 月进行首次副朝的努尔·扎菲林·本·诺尔·阿扎尔希望该地区的局势能够尽快缓和。
“但如果旅行社认为不安全,那就别无选择,只能服从。”他说。
旅行社密切关注事态发展
CNA采访的旅行社表示,他们正在密切关注事态发展,目前的行程仍将按计划进行。
努尔·穆罕默德服务与旅行社 (Noor Mohamad Services & Travel) 的一个旅行团于周三乘坐沙特阿拉伯航空公司的直飞航班从新加坡前往吉达,并于周四早上抵达麦加。
主任乌斯塔扎·朱伊达·努尔·穆罕默德表示,朝圣者们在出发前一直通过WhatsApp群组进行沟通,并已准备好开始他们的旅程。
该机构表示,他们认真对待外交部和伊斯兰宗教理事会的建议。
“我们的首要任务是朝圣者的安全和福祉,鉴于安全风险仍然较高,我们鼓励他们推迟行程,”她说。
另一家旅行社 Shahidah Travel 表示,截至周三,其所有副朝行程均按计划进行,旅行安排没有任何变化。
该机构目前在麦加有一个朝觐团,所有朝觐者身体状况良好。
该公司表示将继续监测航班时刻表,并与相关各方协调,如有任何变更或中断,将通知受影响的朝圣者。
该机构还通过外交部的电子登记门户网站登记了朝圣者信息,以便在必要时便于沟通和协调。
作为应急准备的一部分,指定的一名工作人员还会携带朝圣者护照复印件和护照尺寸照片。
与此同时,Travelconnect 正在与沙特阿拉伯的航空公司和地面运营商一起审查即将出发的航班信息。
截至周三,预订年底前往沙特阿拉伯旅行的顾客中,约有 5% 联系了该机构,要求推迟或取消行程,该机构负责人穆罕默德·纳菲斯·拉赫曼表示。
但他补充说,也有一些顾客表达了继续行程的意愿。
纳菲斯先生说:“我们理解他们的意图,但任何继续进行的决定都必须考虑到官方建议、航班可用性和地面安排的安全性。”
他说,对于已经在沙特阿拉伯的朝圣者,导游和地面服务人员与他们保持密切联系,检查他们的健康状况并监控他们的返程航班。
Hamidah Travel & Tours 周三告诉 CNA,他们计划在外交部和伊斯兰宗教理事会发布建议后与朝圣者进行沟通。
该机构负责人巴德鲁扎曼·阿卜杜勒·马吉德表示,他们将继续密切关注事态发展。如果航班取消影响到朝圣者,该机构将安排替代航班。
截至周二,该公司在麦地那有一批朝圣者。
虽然各机构都在密切关注安全形势并审查即将出发的行程,但决定不去朝圣的朝圣者还面临着另一个问题:他们支付的费用能拿回多少?
推迟或取消
朝圣者推迟或取消行程不能保证全额退款,部分朝圣者可能还需支付额外费用。
各机构表示,财务影响将取决于与航空公司、酒店和其他服务提供商的安排。
伊斯兰宗教理事会(MUIS)周三表示,他们正在与朝觐旅行社接洽,鼓励他们向受影响的朝圣者提供“清晰的信息,并在可能的情况下提供灵活的延期或重新安排”。
不过,旅行社告诉 CNA,可供选择的方案部分取决于他们的航空公司和其他服务提供商。
巴德鲁扎曼先生表示,哈米达旅行社需要与航空公司和其他供应商密切合作。目前,航空公司允许航班延期,但由于航班仍在运营,可能会收取罚款。
他说,该机构将评估情况并与朝圣者讨论各种方案。下一批朝圣者计划于10月22日启程前往沙特阿拉伯。
但是,如果情况恶化到航班停飞的地步,那么这次旅行就不得不取消了。
“我们来这里是为了帮助朝圣者。这是我们的‘amanah’(信托责任),”巴德鲁扎曼先生说道,他指的是帮助朝圣者的责任。
Travelconnect表示,公司正在与服务提供商一起审查航班延期和退款方案。
纳菲斯先生表示,能否获得全额或部分退款将取决于每笔预订的具体情况,包括可以从航空公司、酒店和其他供应商处追回哪些款项。
截至周三,Travelconnect 合作的所有航空公司均未对客户主动取消的航班提供退款。
该机构正在寻求航空公司和酒店的灵活安排,包括尽可能在不收取额外费用的情况下进行更改。
他说:“在每位受影响的客户做出决定之前,我们会向他们解释可行的方案以及任何适用的费用。”
Travelconnect 还强烈鼓励客户购买旅行保险,Nafis 先生表示,几乎所有客户都购买了旅行保险。
但是,保险范围取决于具体的保单条款,客户应向保险公司查询保险范围和除外责任,尤其是在当前情况下。
“客户不应认为所有与当前情况相关的取消或中断都会得到赔偿,”他说。
2026年10月8日,也门胡塞武装声称袭击了沙特阿拉伯利雅得的哈立德国王国际机场,现场浓烟滚滚,火光冲天。(图片来源:路透社社交媒体)
Noor Mohamad Services & Travel 表示,将优先考虑延期或重新安排行程,具体取决于服务供应商的可用性和确认情况。
对于要求取消预订的客户,代理机构将逐一评估每笔预订,并解释适用的退款安排。
可退款金额将取决于预订条款、已支付的款项以及从供应商处获得的任何豁免或退款。
“在这些细节得到确认之前,我们不能承诺全额退款,”乌斯塔扎·朱伊达说。
“我们的目标是最大限度地减少朝圣者的经济损失,并清楚地列出所有无法追回的款项。”
她补充说,该机构将寻求航空公司和酒店合作伙伴的灵活性,包括尽可能在不支付罚款的情况下进行变更。
但是,即使免除了改签费,仍可能需要支付票价差额或额外的住宿费用。
这张由沙特通讯社(SPA)于2026年10月14日提供的照片显示,在利雅得一栋公寓楼遭受袭击后,民防人员正在检查受损情况。(图片:法新社/艾哈迈德·努尔丁)
建议朝圣者做好应对突发状况的准备
提供健康和安全风险管理服务的国际SOS公司安全经理(协助)Ee Sheng Cha先生表示,朝圣者应在出发前和旅途中随时确认航班时刻表,因为航班可能会在短时间内发生变更。
他们还应该购买包含安全相关干扰和意外旅行中断保障的综合旅行保险。
Ee先生表示,朝圣者在沙特阿拉伯期间,应避免根据社交媒体、即时通讯平台或谣言中流传的未经证实的信息采取行动。
他们还应该熟悉疏散程序以及住宿地点和朝圣地点附近避难所的位置。
Ee 先生建议旅行社在旅行安排中增加灵活性,包括航班预订和备选旅行路线,以防主要到达或出发点在短时间内关闭。
订阅我们的邮件,即可获取精选热点新闻和引人深思的文章。
订阅通知,第一时间获取突发新闻和精彩报道。
加入我们的频道,即可在您常用的聊天应用上获取当日热门文章。